Help a Child in Need this Holiday Season
Congratulations on your decision to Sponsor-a-Child in Crisis this holiday season. We currently have thousands of children anxiously hoping that their wish, often as basic as a bed, food or clothing, will come true. You can help fulfill the wishes of children in crisis by picking up a Wish Tag at one of the locations below or by using the donation form below.
Things of My Very Own Inc.’s effort to provide children with basic needs this holiday season was featured in the Scary Mommy blog November 27, 2018. Click here to read the article.
To sponsor a child in crisis this holiday season, please complete and submit the form below. A member of our staff will be happy to match your contribution with a child most in need.
Thank you for your care and support!
Help Children in Crisis this Holiday Season
Please consider a recurring monthly donation. Just check the “Make this Donation Monthly” box above.
Because of the generosity of donors like you, we are able to continue our mission of providing critical intervention services and programs to children in crisis. You can make a one-time or monthly donation on this page, and come back anytime to make additional donations.
We purchase items for children in need, and their needs are always changing. Your contribution may allow us to provide children with such necessary items as:
- A $1000 donation may allow us to purchase a New Mattress, Bedding & Stuffed Animal for 10 Children
- Your $500 donation may enable us to purchase a New Mattress, Bedding & Stuffed Animal for 5 Children
- A $100 contribution today may permit us to purchase a New Mattress, Bedding & Stuffed Animal for 1 Child
- Your $50 donation may allow us to buy a Coat, Socks, Undergarments & Clothing for 1 Child
- A $25 contribution may enable us to purchase One Week of Diapers, Baby Wipes & Formula for 1 Child
If you would prefer to make a payment via check, please make it payable to “Things of My Very Own, Inc.” Mail the check to us at Things of My Very Own, Inc., 249 Green Street, Schenectady, NY 12305. We are happy to accept donations of any size! Thank you!
For Local Supporters Who Want to Fulfill a Wish Tag
Once you are finished shopping for the child you are sponsoring, you can bring the gifts back to the location you picked up the tag from (list below), unwrapped, by December 15th. Please be sure to place all items in a bag labeled with your child’s family number, gender and age. If you would like a tax receipt, be sure to include your name, mailing address, telephone and the value of the donations you contributed. A tax receipt will be mailed to you. We thank you in advance for your generosity and wish you a magical holiday season.
- Halfmoon Sandwich & Salad Shoppe – 615 Route 9, Clifton Park has over 500 Wish Tags listing items we need most to help children in crisis.
- Casey Law LLC – 995 New Loudon Rd, Cohoes NY
- Audi Albany – 723 New Loudon Road; Latham NY
- Manhattan Exchange -607 Union Street; Schenectady NY
- Slice of Glenville -10 Glenridge Rd; Schenectady NY
- Manhattan Bistro & Bagel -123 Saratoga Road Socha Plaza; Schenectady NY
- Gershon’s Deli – 1600 Union St; Schenectady NY
- Metro Ford of Schenectady – 3601 State St; Schenectady NY
- Pede & Sons Cash & Carry Wholesale/Retail – 582 Duanesburg Road, Schenectady
- The Saratoga Winery – 462 NY-29; Saratoga Springs NY
- HSO Hair Salon – 714 Hoosic Street; Troy NY