To help children-in-crisis affected by the COVID-19 crisis please donate today.
The team at Things of My Very Own has implemented the following changes to protect the well-being of all we serve.
- In addition to our regular services, Things of My Very Own is also providing emergency services to children 17-and-under who are affected by quarantines, precautionary quarantines and those who are deemed high-risk due to other COVID-19 related concerns. If you are a referring agency, hospital or other medical care provider and are interested in learning about this service, please contact (518) 630-5143 for more information.
- In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are only accepting electronic referrals at this time. If you are a referring caseworker, please email your referral to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to (518) 372-4585.
- All pre-screening and eligibility interviews are now completed over the phone. If a caseworker sent a non-emergency referral to the crisis intervention center on your behalf, you will be contacted by a member of our team on the following Monday, Wednesday or Friday morning for your eligibility interview. Emergency referrals will continue to be handled 24 hours a day, seven days a week, within four-hours of contact.
- If you are in need of services and are unable to reach your referring caseworker, please contact the crisis intervention center at email@example.com or by calling (518) 630-5143. Please note: email is the quickest way to reach us as we are often out in the field. If you are under quarantine or precautionary quarantine, please let a member of our staff know, as you may qualify for expedited services.
In order to prevent the possible spread of COVID-19, all on-site volunteer activities are suspended at this time. If you are a current volunteer and are willing to complete work from home, please contact the crisis intervention center immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The organization is currently in desperate need of the following:
- Emergency Food
- Infant Formula
- Toilet Paper and Paper Towels- 100% Depleted
- Diapers (Sizes 5 & 6)- 100% Depleted
- Pull-Ups (all sizes)- 100% Depleted
- Personal Hygiene Supplies (shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc.)
- Cleaning and Sanitation Supplies (disinfectant, laundry detergent, etc.)- 100% Depleted
- Comforters and sheets in all sizes- Dangerously Low
- Funding for OTC Medications and Prescription Co-Pays- 100% Depleted
- Gas for Emergency Transportation
As a non-profit organization, we have the ability to purchase many needed items at a fraction of retail prices. For this reason, monetary donations go much further. Please make a donation today.
Help Children in Crisis During this Challenging Time
Please consider a recurring monthly donation. Just check the “Make this Donation Monthly” box above.
Donations to Things of My Very Own, Inc. help children in crisis by providing them with much-needed intervention services—not only material things like clothing and personal hygiene items, but also intangible things like a feeling of security and a healthy self concept.
- Your $1000 donation may allow us to purchase a new mattress, bedding and a stuffed animal for 10 children.
- Your $500 donation may enable us to purchase a new mattress, bedding and a stuffed animal for 5 children.
- Your $100 donation may permit us to purchase a new mattress, bedding and a stuffed animal for 1 child.
- Your $50 donation may allow us to purchase a new coat, socks, undergarments, and clothing for 1 child.
- Your $25 donation may enable us to purchase a one-week supply of diapers, baby wipes and baby formula for 1 infant.
If you would prefer to make a payment via check, please make it payable to “Things of My Very Own, Inc.” and mail to:
Things of My Very Own, Inc.
249 Green Street
Schenectady, NY 12305